- In lieu of lunch at noon, try to drink Greek ouzo paired with a medley of mezedes. Local’s favorite ouzo brands are Plomari and Varvagianni. Should you want to try something special, seek for ouzo Babatzim.
- Linger over food. In Greece, food is an entire ritual that lasts for hours.
- Take a nap around 3 p.m.; the Greek way to eschew the scorching sun of the afternoon.
- Ask our staff for a beach towel and head to Kalogria beach, a well-kept locals’ secret. After a three-minute walk, you will find fine, pure sand and azure waters. Ask us for a picnic basket and soak in the sun on one of the most sought-after beaches around Halkidiki and Greece. A place on the verge of surrealism.
- Go foodie and go local. Try “tzatziki”, Greek salad (called “horiatiki” in Greek), “moussaka”, “pastitsio”, grilled fish and seafood. Always pair them with “ouzo”. It is no coincidence that the food scene in Halkidiki is so celebrated.
- When it comes to sundowns, Halkidiki is in a league of its own. Find your favorite place in the hotel or on a beach nearby and enjoy stupendous views of the sea and sunset like locals do.
- Devote your Sundays to cultural pursuits. Visit Halkidiki’s archeological gems, Ancient Stagira and Ancient Olynthus, and travel back in time in the most immersive way.
- Live a slower life and make time to enjoy Halkidiki’s villages’ precious little things.
Photo credits: Pixabay
Share this Post